It’s quite possible that you have already read, if not seen, several of these posts. It may be cliché however it’s the perfect time of year to reflect and plan for your year ahead. That said, I’m not usually one to set goals. I tend to just roll with the punches and keep an optimistic view of what might be around the corner. However this year, change is going to be my biggest obstacle. If I’m going to make it a successful year, I’ll need to be the master of organisation! With this in mind I’ve decided to set myself actual goals for 2017.
My Blogging Achievements for 2016:
Before setting my goals, I wanted to take a minute to look back at my achievements. I may only be a novice blogger but I’m proud of even my smallest success. Sometimes it’s easy to compare your work to that of other more established bloggers. I hope that by emulating their success rates, I too will one day proudly wear the title accomplished blogger. However, instead of trying to recreate someone else’s success, we need to take the time to celebrate our own achievements. No matter how insignificant they may appear. It’s often the smallest things which make you feel triumphant and give you the motivation to keep going.
- Since publishing my first post on the 10th August 2016, I have enticed 1,499 visitors onto my site
- Around the same time, I also set up a page on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to run alongside my blog. In under 5 months I have gained over 1,500 followers on Twitter and Instagram, along with 80 on Facebook
- Understanding the importance of Yoast and using it correctly! Bloggers, raise a glass for two green ticks! **If you’re still getting to grips with Yoast please feel free to pop me an email. The quicker you get your head around it, the better it will be for your blog.**
- Finally getting google analytics set up correctly. This one took me some time, in fact it took me until New Year’s Eve to realise it had been incorrectly set up for months. It means my above figures are based on Jetpack, but going forward I’ll be using google. **Again if anyone needs any guidance, give me a shout**
- Getting selected as a featured post on the Marvellous Mondays Linky. My winning post was five things I dislike about my boyfriend.
- Entering TOTS100 in November at 1820 and by December climbing up 565 places to number 1255.
My Blogging Goals for 2017:
- By the end of 2017 I want to be achieving around 800 visitors per month. (December 2016 I achieved 447, so realistically I’d like to double it.)
- In regards to social media, I want to achieve the below:
Facebook – 200 followers
Twitter – 5k
Instagram – 5k
- I’ve found it a lot harder to grow followers on Facebook. In 2017 I want to put more focus on this medium. Any advice is welcome 🙂
- Publish at least 3 new posts per week. Over the past couple of months I’ve aimed for more which has ultimately been my downfall. Less in more, quality over quantity!
- Improve my DA. It currently sits at a disappointingly low 18. I think I know what I need to do to improve it, so it will be one of my key focuses going forward. At the end of 2017 my aim is for it to be over 30.
- Have a post published on the Huffington Post
- To rank within the top 500 bloggers on TOTS100
Finally, I’d like thank everyone who has taken the time to read my posts, follow me on social media and get involved with comments. It’s been nearly 5 months since my first post and it’s because of the support which I’ve received, that I have the motivation to continue.
I hope 2017 brings new blogging adventures and I really hope you stick around to enjoy them with me!
Have you set your goals for 2017?
Follow the blog via Bloglovin!