Sometimes it feels like there just aren’t enough hours in the day. Between working 36+ hours a week and running a house, I don’t get much time to myself. My blog takes up a lot of my free time but it isn’t always the most relaxing pasttime. There are days when I find it exhausting and the strains of life take their toll, but that’s when I have my secret little weapon! No, I’m not talking about my stash of gin, I’m talking about my Mum Hacks!
These are the nifty little tricks I use to keep life on track. They make my chores a hell of a lot easier and they’re key to gaining some well earned me time!
1. Plan your Meals in Advance – Planning ahead not only saves you money but it also saves you time. You can involve the kids when drafting up the weekly menu and tailor it to suit your hectic schedule.
2. Breakfast for Dinner – Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal of day but for me it’s also my favourite. Scrambled eggs are not only super quick and full of protein but they’re also really delicious.
3. Freeze Sandwiches – Sick of making pack up each night? Why not make a week’s worth of sarnies and stick them in the freezer. Grab one each morning and they’ll defrost by lunch time.
4. Do the Big Shop Online – Carting the kids round ASDA on a Saturday is nobody’s idea of a good time. Ordering your food online means you can arrange a home delivery at a convenient time. It also means you can prevent those unnecessary melt downs and excessive expenditure.
5. Clean Toys in the Dishwasher – I’m by no means a clean freak but kids toys get seriously grimy over time. You can easily wash toys like lego and action figures in the dishwasher. Simply stick them mesh bag and wash them on a cooler cycle.
6. Polish Shoes Using Vegetable Oil – Don’t waste your time hunting for shoe polish, remove those unsightly scuffs with vegetable oil. It will also save you a fair few bob!
7. Add Tin Foil to your Ironing Board – Adding a layer of tin foil underneath your ironing board cover will reflect the heat and speed up the process.
8. Shoe Organiser in the car – Tying a shoe organiser to the back of the front seats will give you plenty of storage space. It’ll mean the kids will always have some boredom-busting items on hand, perfect for long car journeys.
9. Toothpaste with Flip Lids – If there’s one thing that I hate it’s the lid been left off the toothpaste. Buying tubes with flip lids solves the problem and saves you from wasting your time nagging!
10. Dry Shampoo – For those days when you don’t have time to wash your hair but a mum bun just won’t do. Dry shampoo is my must have beauty product!
If you’ve found any of these hacks helpful you can find more handy hints and tips in Mum Hacks by Tanith Carey. An extremely useful guide, perfect for busy mums who are looking to regain control.
*This is a collaborative post
If you’ve got a sec, please leave us a comment because we’d love to know what you thought!