Last week (as we were driving to ASDA) Ryan asked me what we had planned for Mother’s Day. My initial reaction was to reply with a snarky comment about how I have to organise everything but then I remembered, I am the one who organises everything.
My sole responsibility in life – after washing, ironing, cooking and holding down a full time job – is to organise the shit out of our lives. Usually it isn’t a problem. If anything it’s something which I quite enjoy but the one downside of been the chief planner is that you end up organising you own Mother’s Day.
If there’s any day of the year where Dad’s need to up their game, it’s the one dedicated solely to appreciating how awesome mums really are. She might not be your mum but she’s a mum and she deserves to feel special!
Here’s some advice – straight from the mama’s mouth – to make sure you get it just right this Mother’s Day…
1. Check the date! It changes every year but we shouldn’t have to tell you when it is. Victoria – Lylia Rose
2. Book dinner in advance. Do not leave it till the last minute then end up going to KFC! Donna – The Sleep Thief’s Mummy
3. The cute, handmade things mean the most but if you’re wanting to go all out a lovely spa day with treatments, a good book and some peace and quiet would be heavenly…wishful thinking! Lisa – The British Betty
4. Keep your patience with the children the WHOLE day. Be the one that helps them with everything they need – give us a “real” day off! Sarah-Jayne – Keep Up with the Jones Family
5. Whatever you decide to make/do for Mother’s Day make sure you tidy up after! Ayse – Arepops
The truth is we’re simple creatures. We’d settle for a handmade card, a bacon barm and the day off nappy duty! Remember to make us feel appreciated and if you’re really looking to push the boat out you could even try not pretending to be asleep when one of the brood wakes up at 4am!
If you’ve got a sec, please leave us a comment because we’d love to know what you thought!