Blogging can be tough. You spend hours spilling your guts out to every Tom, Dick and Harry on the internet, only to question if anyone actually cares. One minute your ideas are flowing, the next they’re drier than your mother-in-law’s chicken! People can be quick to pass comment or criticize but the compliments don’t come all that often. Recently I’ve been reading far too many post’s – written by bloggers who I look up to – about loosing your blogging mojo, struggling to find motivation or questioning if it’s all for nothing. It got me thinking.
Is there a way we could show some recognition to these Bloody Brilliant Bloggers? Maybe we can help pick each other up when we’re feeling down? Or even just help to celebrate the successes of a blogging buddy?
With the help of a fellow mom and inspirational blogger – Kimberly aka OddHogg – we’ve put together a new tag. The Bloody Brilliant Bloggers Tag is all about recognising the amazing blogs the internet has to offer. Giving their owners a virtual slap on the back and celebrating some flippin’ fantastic posts.
Each month Kimberly and I will nominate three bloggers who we think are bloody brilliant. It’s then up to our brilliant blog nominees to spread the love by nominating three bloggers of their own. At the end of the month Kimberly and I will pick one blogger each to be our Bloody Brilliant Blogger of the month!
- Write a post to proudly show your a bloody brilliant blogger.
- Include the introduction (copy and paste as below) in your post, along with this set of rules and don’t forget to thank the blogger who nominated you:
The Bloody Brilliant Blogger Tag – Run by Becky and Kimberly the tag is all about showing recognition to the amazing blogs the internet has to offer. Giving their owners a virtual slap on the back and celebrating some flippin’ fantastic posts.
- Nominate three bloggers who you think are bloody brilliant and tell us a bit about why!
- Don’t forget to stick the our bloody brilliant bloggers badge somewhere on your post – grab the code here!
- Please share your post on Twitter tagging your bloody brilliant nominees along with myself (@mommyandrory1) and Kimberly (@oddhogg) – make sure to tag us to be in with a chance of winning the Bloody Brilliant Bloggers crown.
- My first nominee is the lovely Sarah who blogs over at Surrey Mama. I came to read Sarah’s blog after a friend introduced me to her Instagram. Everyone knows I’m an insta addict so giving my a gorgeous feed is just like adding fuel to my fire! One of my favourite reads in Sarah’s weekly blog series What The Girls Wore This Week. When out shopping for Rory I often find myself wondering into the ‘pink‘ side. You would never catch me in anything floral – I’m much more into my black’s, grey’s and navy’s – but there’s just something wonderfully enticing about little girls clothing, especially in summer! Sarah has such a wonderful style that I can’t help but look forward to finding out what her gorgeous girls have been wearing this week!
- My second nominee is Jaki from Jakijellz. I’ve been following Jaki’s blog ever since I joined the Triumphant Tales linky. I love her writing but I also get massive blog envy over her effortless style. I enjoy a ‘clean’ layout and for me Jaki’s site just hits the spot! Obviously it isn’t all about the ascetics, I found her recent post – Am I Less Of a Mum to Just Have One? – really relatable. It was only a couple of months ago that we were celebrating Rory’s first birthday. No sooner have a squeezed my booty back into my pre-pregnancy jeans than people have already started to ask, will you have another? If like me you’re still on the fence, pop across to Jaki’s blog revel in the joys of life with just one bambino!
- My third and final nominee is Kat, fellow full time working mum and blogger at Confessions of a Working Mum. As you all know I’ve recently returned to work and it’s been a big transition for all of us. One thing which has made the whole ordeal that little bit easier is finding solace in Kat’s blog. Obviously I know I’m not the only mom who also has to hold down a full time job but that isn’t to say that fact makes it any easier. Last month I read a post on Kat’s blog – Middling (and why that’s OK) – and it couldn’t have come at a better time. My house looked a shit tip, there was laundry to be done and the hoover had not seen the light of day for at least two weeks. Thanks to Kat, I realised I was middling but I was doing my best and that was fine!
Please don’t forget to check out Kimberley’s post and find out who her three Bloody Brilliant Bloggers are!
*Please remember to tag us in your Bloody Brilliant Bloggers post on Twitter. If you don’t tag us then you can’t be in the running for Bloody Brilliant Blogger of the month!!
If you’ve got a sec, please leave us a comment because we’d love to know what you thought!